Creamy Sherry Mushrooms
I all about that booze tonight; first, my boozy pineapples, and now, sherry mushrooms...it's almost the festive season though, right?
I think this may have to be the most versatile dish I have made! Although it is pictured above with cows cous, it would be great with pasta, roast spuds or even with salad. Another dinner party favourite, this is also a lovely side dish, but a showstopper every time!
Total Time - 15 mins including prep // Difficulty Level (1-5): 2 //Serves: 4 people
- 2-3 portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 white onion
- 1-2 tablespoons sherry
- White wine vinegar
- Soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 3 Spring onions - chopped
- Black pepper
- Fresh Parsley chopped roughly
- Olive oil - the best quality you can find
- Water for thinning if needed
- Vegan butter
- Chop the mushrooms into large strips
- Chop the onions into equally thick strips
- Heat the butter in the pan and throw in the mushrooms and onions
- Season with the salt and pepper
- Add in a dessert spoon each of the sherry, white wine vinegar and soy sauce
- Stir and sizzle until everything is coated and cooking
- Turn down the heat onto low
- Add in 1 tablespoon of the tahini and a drizzle of water. Keep working both of these and stirring continuously until the sauce is creamy and thick, adding water and tahini as necessary
- Taste the sauce, add more sherry, vinegar or soy to fast, very carefully, overdoing one of these ingredients will overpower your dish
- Toward the end of cooking, throw in the spring onions and parsley and stir in
- Cook for a further 5 minutes and serve with your favourite carb or salad
- This is an excellent addition to a roast dinner, the sherry gives it a really lovely sweet flavour while he tahini balances everything - try it in linguine
If you're new to vegan life welcome, or have been vegan for some time, keep up the good work! I hope my recipes are a good help to you all.
I would love to hear your thoughts about this recipe if you make it! Drop me an email or upload your efforts to social media and tag me! Comment below to ask me a question or make a request!